The Center at Foresight is looking for an individual to assist the activities department on the weekends!
This is a part time position on the weekends (Saturday, Sunday & extra hours during the week when available). Weekend hours can be fairly flexible.
Job Summary: The primary purpose of this position is to assist in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of recreational, social, intellectual, emotional and spiritual program available for patients at the facility. This position will assist the activities director in accordance with the patient’s assessment and care plan.
Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in planning, developing, organizing, implementing, and evaluating the activity programs of this facility.
- Observe resident attendance, mood, behavior, and degree of involvement so that facility activities and resident progress are evaluated, by noting, reporting, and charting resident behavior.
- Participate in community planning related to the interests of the facility and the services and needs of the resident and family.
- Participate in discharge planning, development and implementation of activity care plans and resident assessments.
- Interview residents or family members to obtain activity information.
- Involve the resident/family in planning activity programs when possible.
- Involve the resident/family in planning objectives and goals for the resident.
- Assist in arranging transportation to other facilities when necessary
- Others as deemed necessary and appropriate, or as may be directed by the Activity Director.
High School diploma or GED
- Must possess effective communication skills
- Must be able to plan and coordinate resources to meet residents' needs
- Must have the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff members, as well as patients and patients' families
- Must be able to pass a Must pass a pre-employment background check and drug test