The Center at Foresight is looking for a Full-time Activities Director to join their team!
2-3 years long term care experience, preferred.
Why Join Our Team?
- We offer beautiful, new, state of the art facilities
- Physician driven care plans designed to maximize the quality of care
- We offer an environment that encourages team involvement and fosters new ideas
- Excellent pay
- 401k matching
- Medical, dental, vision, along with the other ancillary benefits
The Center at Foresight is a skilled nursing facility that serves patients needing physical rehabilitation and/or complex nursing care. Our highly qualified, caring staff provides care in a beautiful, hotel like atmosphere to help our patients achieve strength and functionality. Skilled-nursing care, family involvement, psychological care and discharge planning complement a well-rounded, individualized program and encourages each patient’s transition to their highest functional level. With state of the art equipment and unparalleled comfort and amenities, our physician-driven care plan is designed to maximize the quality of our care.
Job Summary: The primary purpose of this position is to plan, organize, develop, and direct the overall operation of the Activity Department in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines and regulations, our established policies and procedures, and as may be directed by the Administrator, to assure that an on-going program of activities is designed to meet, in accordance with the comprehensive assessment, the interests and the physical, mental, and psychosocial well-being of each resident.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, evaluate, and direct the activity programs of this facility.
- Assist in the development, administering, and coordinating of department policies and procedures.
- Participate in community planning related to the interests of the facility and the services and needs of the resident and family.
- Participate in discharge planning, development, and implementation of activity care plans and resident assignments.
- Interview resident/families as necessary and in a private setting.
- Involve residents and families in planning facility activity programs.
- Assist in arranging transportation to other facilities when necessary.
- Refer resident/families to appropriate social service personnel when the facility does not provide the services or needs of the resident.
- Assume the authority, responsibility, and accountability of directing the activity department.
- Coordinate activities with other departments as necessary.
- Meet with activity personnel, on a regularly scheduled basis, and solicit advice from inter-department supervisors concerning the operation of the department, assist in identifying and correcting problem areas, and/or the improvement of services.
- Assist in the recruitment, interviewing, and selection of personnel for the activity department.
- Create and maintain an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest and positive emphasis, as well as a calm environment throughout the facility.
- Assist support services in developing, implementing, and conducting in-service training programs that relate to the activity department.
- Assist in preparing and planning the activity department’s budget for food, equipment, supplies, and labor and submit to the Administrator for review, recommendations, and approval.
- Assist in making appointments for the resident as requested.
- Schedule movies, plan parties, and provide games/activities for residents.
- Encourage residents to participate in hobbies and crafts. Provide materials as necessary.
- Supervise activities as necessary.
- Develop and maintain an activity schedule.
- Others as deemed necessary and appropriate, or as may be directed by the consultant or administrator.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen