The Center at Foresight is looking for kitchen assistants to join their dietary team!
PRN - as needed availability
Cooking experience is a plus!
About Us: Our Centers serve patients needing physical rehabilitation and/or complex nursing care. Our highly qualified, caring staff provides care in a beautiful, hotel like atmosphere to help our patients to achieve strength and functionality. Skilled-nursing care, family involvement, psychological care and discharge planning complement a well-rounded, individualized program and encourages each patient's transition to their highest functional level.
Job Description: The primary responsibility of the Dietary Staff is to prepare and provide delicious, nutritional meals for our patients and to keep the dining and kitchen area in clean and pristine condition. These individuals will also serve patients food in the dining area during meals. This is an entry level kitchen position with on the job training, and no prior experience is necessary! Some duties include cutting fruit, preparing salads, interacting with patients and being a great team member!
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare meals for patients according to their dietary specifications
- Pass food trays
- Wash dishes
- Clean the kitchen and dining areas
- Stock supplies
- Serve patients in the dining areas
- High School diploma or GED
- Experience and Specific Requirements:
- Some cooking experience preferred
- Prefer the applicant to have at least 1 year dietary and/or food preparations experience in a skilled care facility
- Ability to work in a fast paced and sometimes stressful environment while maintaining a calm demeanor
- Must be able to read and take instructions and follow directions
- Must be able to work both as a team and independently
- Must have good communication skills and be able to read, write and speak the English language
- Must be able to bend, reach, stoop, lift minimum of 15 lbs
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screening and background check