Full time; must be flexible to work on the weekends
Why Join Our Team?
- We offer beautiful, new, state of the art facilities
- Physician driven care plans designed to maximize the quality of care
- We offer an environment that encourages team involvement and fosters new ideas
- Relocation packages
- Excellent pay
- 401k matching
- Medical, dental, vision, along with the other ancillary benefits
Job Summary: The Physical Therapist Assistant is responsible for assisting the Physical Therapist by providing rehabilitative therapy to patients upon completion of the evaluation and plan of care following all regulatory and clinical practice requirements. This includes recovery, improvement in function and when possible, a return to a prior level of functioning. Clinical documentation will describe objective measures and justification for continued or discontinued services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Adheres to and assures compliance with Code of Conduct, facility policies and procedures and all applicable rules, regulations and standards as promulgated by Federal, State, and accrediting agencies or regulating bodies. This includes, but is not limited to, Department of Health, Centers of Medicare and Medicaid Services, and other applicable regulatory agencies.
- Completion of required compliance training and processes
- Utilizes evidence-based practice to support clinical interventions.
- Provides rehabilitative, skilled and medically necessary treatment intervention to patients with physical functioning disorders per regulatory and clinical practice requirements under the supervision and direction of a Physical Therapist.
- Administers various procedures as part of the rehabilitation plan including but not limited to: manual techniques; ambulation; therapeutic exercises; modalities; use of supportive and assistive devices; etc. Under the supervision and direction of a Physical Therapist.
- Assesses patient’s progress and communicates with supervising Physical Therapist to adjust treatments accordingly in the clinical record per regulatory and clinical practice requirements.
- Reports effectiveness of treatment outcomes to supervising Physical Therapist.
- Provides consultation and counseling to patients, as well as families, caregivers and other service providers related to the physical disorders.
- Effectively communicates with supervisor and other health team members regarding patient progress, barriers, and treatment plans.
- Provides input to supervisor for discharge summary of services provided per regulatory and clinical requirements.
- Documents all regulatory and clinically required information in the electronic documentation system and maintains patient records according to company policy.
- Accurately records treatment minutes for services provided per all regulatory and clinical requirements.
- Participation in required meetings including but not limited to: patient care conferences, utilization review meetings, rehabilitation meetings, etc.
- Participate in facility and company required trainings, in-services and conferences.
- Able to work with supervising Physical Therapist to obtain any necessary DME or supplies per regulatory and clinical practice requirements.
- Able to supervise and support students under the guidance of the Physical Therapist.
- Adherence to APTA and State Required practice acts, code of conduct, ethics during professional practice as a Physical Therapist Assistant.
- Adherence to Company required policy and procedures and code of conduct.
- Active State Licensure when applicable.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned.
Must be a graduate of an accredited Physical Therapy Assistant program
- Must hold current and active State license where applicable
- One year’s experience in long-term care or related setting preferred
Must pass a pre-employment background check and drug test
If interested, please apply online and send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.