The Center at Foresight is looking for a Restorative Nursing Assistant/Rehab Tech to join their team!
Monday-Wednesday 8:00a - 4:30p
Friday-Sunday 8:00a - 4:30p
Our Centers serve patients needing physical rehabilitation and/or complex nursing care. Our highly qualified, caring staff provides care in a beautiful, hotel like atmosphere to help our patients to achieve strength and functionality. Skilled-nursing care, family involvement, psychological care and discharge planning complement a well-rounded, individualized program and encourages each patient's transition to their highest functional level. With state of the art equipment and unparalleled comfort and amenities, our physician-driven care plan is designed to maximize the quality of our care.
The Restorative Nurse Aide/Rehab Tech is responsible for assisting in the development, and implementation of the restorative nursing program for the facility. The restorative nursing staff are the liaisons between formalized therapy and nursing. The restorative aide will be responsible for providing direct care while utilizing techniques within the established program that aim to maintain or improve patients’ eating/swallowing, self-care, and mobility independence. This individual reports to the Director of Rehabilitation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists the Restorative Nurse and participates in the development, organization and implementation of restorative nursing programs for patients.
- Works closely with the therapy department. Sees that specific recommendations, when discharged from therapy are carried through. Involved in group and individual therapy treatments
- Assist patients in the dining room and take patient’s weight as needed
- Assist the therapy department with needs such as:
- helping patients to/from therapy gym
- providing equipment to therapists for use
- patients and therapists in exercise routines
- Manage temperature logs including refrigerator, freezer, hydrocullator
- File paperwork and provide papers to be scanned in to medical records
- Complete laundry for therapy gym needs
- Clean all exercise equipment and durable medical equipment
- Provide medical equipment including wheelchairs, walkers, and commodes to patient rooms and therapy gym as needed
- Communicate with patients and all staff
- Other duties as needed by the restorative nursing and therapy departments
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to have difficult conversations while maintaining compassion
- Must be a supportive team member, contribute to and be an example of teamwork and team concept
- Must be self-motivated and have excellent follow-through
- Have the ability to multi task and keep a calm demeanor even in chaotic situations
- Be a champion of positivity and high morale
- Ability to read and write English
- Must have a current, unrestricted CNA license
- Must have experience with restorative and rehabilitation services
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Good standing in the state registry is required
- Should possess a current, unencumbered, active license to practice as a CNA in the applicable state