The Center at Foresight is looking for a Restorative Nursing Assistant/Rehab Tech to join their team!
CNA license is required, and skilled nursing and restorative nursing experience is strongly preferred.
The Restorative Nurse Aide/Rehab Tech is responsible for assisting in the development, and implementation of the restorative nursing program for the facility. The restorative nursing staff are the liaisons between formalized therapy and nursing. The restorative aide will be responsible for providing direct care while utilizing techniques within the established program that aim to maintain or improve patients’ eating/swallowing, self-care, and mobility independence. This individual reports to the Director of Rehabilitation.
Why Join Our Team?
- We offer beautiful, new, state of the art facilities
- Physician driven care plans designed to maximize the quality of care
- We offer an environment that encourages team involvement and fosters new ideas
- Relocation packages and/or sign on bonuses packages to qualified candidates
- Tuition Reimbursement Programs available to qualified candidates
- Excellent pay
Full-Time Employees Offered:
- 401k matching
- Medical, dental, vision, along with the other ancillary benefits
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists the Restorative Nurse and participates in the development, organization and implementation of restorative nursing programs for patients.
- Works closely with the therapy department. Sees that specific recommendations, when discharged from therapy are carried through. Involved in group and individual therapy treatments
- Assist patients in the dining room and take patient’s weight as needed
- Assist the therapy department with needs such as:
- helping patients to/from therapy gym
- providing equipment to therapists for use
- patients and therapists in exercise routines
- Manage temperature logs including refrigerator, freezer, hydrocullator
- File paperwork and provide papers to be scanned in to medical records
- Complete laundry for therapy gym needs
- Clean all exercise equipment and durable medical equipment
- Provide medical equipment including wheelchairs, walkers, and commodes to patient rooms and therapy gym as needed
- Communicate with patients and all staff
- Other duties as needed by the restorative nursing and therapy departments
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to have difficult conversations while maintaining compassion
- Must be a supportive team member, contribute to and be an example of teamwork and team concept
- Must be self-motivated and have excellent follow-through
- Have the ability to multi task and keep a calm demeanor even in chaotic situations
- Be a champion of positivity and high morale
- Ability to read and write English
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen
- Must have a current, unrestricted CNA license
- Must have experience with restorative and rehabilitation services
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Good standing in the state registry is required
- Should possess a current, unencumbered, active license to practice as a CNA in the applicable state